Wednesday 20 November 1940US date format: 11/20/1940, UK date format: 20/11/1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arieh Warshel and Philippe Darondel.
Remedy for Riches, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1940 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Arieh Warshel: Israeli-American Distinguished Professor...
- Philippe Darondel: French race horse trainer and jockey,...
- Morris Jarvis: American merchandise marketer and CEO in...
- Bob Einstein in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedian (Officer Judy,...
- Helma Sanders-Brahms: German director producer and...
- Hungary joins 3 Power pact
- World War II: Hungary becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- In Romania, coup leader General Ion Antonescu's Iron Guard arrests and executes over 60 of exiled king Carol II of Romania's aides. Among the dead is former minister and acclaimed historian Nicolae Iorga.
- WWII: The Royal Navy and Regia Marina fight the Battle of Cape Spartivento.
- December ndash Timely Comics' Captain America Comics #1 (cover dated March 1941), first appearance of Captain America and Bucky, hits newsstands in the United States.