Thursday 21 November 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dr John and Freddy Beras Goico.
The Letter, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 November 1940 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Dr John: American musician.
- Freddy Beras Goico: Dominican TV host and comedian (d. 2010).
- Alexandre Baloud: French journalist and radio presenter.
- Freddy Beras-Goico: Dominican comedian and television host (d. 2010).
- John: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Richard Marcinko: American commander and author
- Natalia Makarova: Leningrad, Russia -- Ballerina (Kirov) / defected 1970
- Nazi occupiers forbid building schools in the Netherlands
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Down Argentina Way - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?