Sunday 10 November 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joyce Jensen and Screaming Lord Sutch.
Fantasia, directed by Leopold Stokowski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 10 November 1940 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Joyce Jensen: American commercial astrologer whose pretty photograph (taken some 40 years ago) appeared in pulp magazines for some 20 years advertising her sun-sign product as well as her "totally risk-free psychic reading.
- Screaming Lord Sutch: English musician and politician (d. 1999).
- Donna Fargo: American country-western star since she first hit the charts recording four of her own songs in Nashville.
- Stein Winge: Norwegian stage producer, theatre director, and International Emmy Nominated actor.
- Richard Cotton: Australian geneticist and academic (d. 2015).
- Screaming Sutch: English singer-songwriter and politician (d. 1999).
- Arthur Neville Chamberlain: British Premier (1937-40), dies at 71.
- Pittsburgh and Philadelphia play a penalty-free NFL game.
- Armistice Day Blizzard: An unexpected blizzard kills 144 in the Midwestern United States.
- An earthquake in Bucharest, Romania kills 1,000.
- WWII: The Royal Navy launches the first aircraft carrier strike in history, on the Italian battleship fleet anchored at Taranto naval base.
- WWII: captures top secret British mail, and sends it to Japan.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?