Friday 22 November 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrzej Zulawski and Terry Gilliam.
The Bank Dick, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Andrzej Zulawski
- Terry Gilliam: American writer, producer, animator, director and set-designer, the only American member of Britain's comedy troupe, "Monty Python.
- Francis Lemonnier
- Terry Gilliam in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; comedy writer-animator (Monty Python's Flying Circus).
- Roy Thomas: American comic book writer.
- Waclaw Berent: Polish Novelist, dies at 67.
- 500 students in Delft demonstrate against Nazis
- World War II: Following the initial Italian invasion, Greek troops counterattack into Italian-occupied Albania and capture Korytsa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Down Argentina Way - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?