Saturday November 23, 1940
US date format: 11/23/1940, UK date format: 23/11/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Luis Tiant .
Dr. Kildare's Crisis, directed by Harold S. Bucquet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 23, 1940?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- See more
- 1st edition of illegal The Truth publishes
- Romania signs Driemogendheden pact
- SD arrested resistance fighter Bernard Iron wire
- World War II: Romania becomes a signatory of the Tripartite Pact, officially joining the Axis Powers.
- Luis Tiant: Cuba -- Baseball pitcher (Boston Red...
- Catherina van Rennes: Composer, dies at 82.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 23, 1940?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Will Bradley & His Orchestra - Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial