Monday 25 November 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 25, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Percy Sledge and Richard Tillinghast.
The Philadelphia Story, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Percy Sledge: African American pop singer widely known for his huge hit "When a man loves a woman".
- Richard Tillinghast: American poet, non-fiction writer, and teacher, he published his first book of poetry, "Sleep Watch," in 1969.
- Jean-Claude Malgoire: French conductor and oboist.
- Jan Jongbloed: Dutch footballer and coach.
- Richard Furrer in Worgl: Germany; American astronaut (STS 22).
- Shyamal Sen: Indian jurist and politician 21st Governor of West Bengal.
- Karl Offmann: Mauritian politician 3rd President of Mauritius.
- Reinhard Furrer: Austrian-German physicist and astronaut (d. 1995).
- Joe Gibbs: American football player and coach.
- Patria, carrying illegal immigrants, sinks in port of Haifa, 200 die
- World War II: First flight of the deHavilland Mosquito and Martin B-26 Marauder.