Tuesday 5 November 1940US date format: 11/5/1940, UK date format: 5/11/1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elke Sommer and Jean-Jacques Duby.
The Letter, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1940 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Elke Sommer: German actress and singer.
- Jean-Jacques Duby: French science and technology company...
- Ted Kulongoski: American soldier lawyer and politician...
- Dutch submarine departs Dundee
- Walter Johnson, won 416 games for Washingston Senators, loses Maryland congressional race (R)
- President Franklin Roosevelt (Democrat) wins unprecedented third term beating Wendell Willkie (Republican).