Monday 18 November 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include bin Said al Said Qaboos and Maria Kay Simms.
Remedy for Riches, directed by Erle C. Kenton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1940 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- bin Said al Said Qaboos
- Maria Kay Simms
- Maria Simms: American astrologer, author and artist, currently owner of Starcrafts LLC of New Hampshire, which operates Astro Computing Services and publishes books under the imprints Starcrafts Publishing and ACS Publications.
- Qaboos bin Said al Said: Sultan of Oman.
- Haim Harari: Israeli physicist and academic.
- World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler and Italian Foreign Minister Galeazzo Ciano meet to discuss Benito Mussolini's disastrous invasion of Greece.
- New York City's ''Mad Bomber'' George Metesky places his first bomb at a Manhattan office building used by Consolidated Edison.