Monday 18 November 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Simms and Qaboos bin Said al Said.
The Letter, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Stars on the Sea by F. van Wyck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1940 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Maria Simms: American astrologer, author and artist, currently owner of Starcrafts LLC of New Hampshire, which operates Astro Computing Services and publishes books under the imprints Starcrafts Publishing and ACS Publications.
- Qaboos bin Said al Said: Sultan of Oman.
- Haim Harari: Israeli physicist and academic.
- World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler and Italian Foreign Minister Galeazzo Ciano meet to discuss Benito Mussolini's disastrous invasion of Greece.
- New York City's ''Mad Bomber'' George Metesky places his first bomb at a Manhattan office building used by Consolidated Edison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Down Argentina Way - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?