Wednesday 5 June 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Moira Anderson and David Brudnoy.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1940 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Moira Anderson: Scotland, United Kingdom -- Singer (Loch Lomond).
- David Brudnoy: American conservative talk show host, rare in his intelligent approach to issues.
- 1st synthetic rubber tire exhibited Akron, Ohio
- American Negro Theater organizes
- Battle of France begins in WWII
- Gen Von Bock starts German offensive in Somme
- General De Gaulle becomes under Minister of Defense
- Gov of Suriname and Netherlands Antilles refuse entry to Jewish refugees
- Netherlands rations petroleum
- First synthetic rubber tire exhibited in Akron, Ohio, USA.