Wednesday 9 July 1930US date format: 7/9/1930, UK date format: 9/7/1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buddy Bregman and Richard Demarco.
Dixiana, directed by Luther Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1930 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Buddy Bregman: American composer and conductor.
- Richard Demarco: Scottish artist, painter and promoter of the visual and performing arts.
- Jean-Francis Held: French journalist and author, who died on 22 May 2003.
- Elsa Lystad: Norwegian actress known for central roles on stage, TV, film, and radio.
- Buddy Bregman in Chicago: Illinois, USA; orchestra leader (Eddie Fisher Show).
- Janice Lourie: American computer scientist and graphic artist.
- Roy McLean: South African cricketer and rugby player (d. 2007).
- K Balachander: Indian actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2014).