Tuesday 9 December 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Beau Bridges and Mehmet Birand.
Remember the Day, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1941 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Beau Bridges: American actor from a noted family, the son of Lloyd Bridges and brother of eight-year-younger Jeff Bridges.
- Beau Bridges in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Hotel New Hampshire, 5th Musketeer).
- Mehmet Birand: Turkish journalist and author (d. 2013).
- Dan Hicks: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Charlatans and The Acoustic Warriors).
- Kayoko Shiraishi: Japanese actress.
- 1st US WWII bombing mission in Far East, Luzon, Philippines
- 300 Montgomery, SF opens as new Bank of America HQ
- Citizen Register reports Hostile planes reported nearing Westchester
- Hitler orders US ships torpedoed
- Adolf Hitler orders US ships torpedoed.
- 7th Heisman Trophy Award: Bruce Smith, Minnesota (HB).
- World War II: The Republic of China, Cuba, Guatemala, the Republic of Korea, and the Philippine Commonwealth, declare war on Germany and Japan.