Monday 9 February 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gypsy Rose Lee and Ernest Tubb.
Between Showers, directed by Henry Lehrman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 February 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1914 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Gypsy Rose Lee: Seattle, Washington -- Stripper (or 0109 or 0208).
- Ernest Tubb: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1984).
- Ralph Herman: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Orchestra leader (Circus Time).
- Bill Justice in Ohio: USA; joined Disney studio 1937, animator, programmer, parade designer, Imagineer, designer of attrations at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Tokyo Disneyland, retired 1979, author of Justice for Disney (1992), named a Disney Legend 1996.
- Gypsy Lee: American world famous strip-tease artist, later appearing in film and TV.
- Bill "Rhymes with Wreck" Veeck: Baseball club owner.
- Chic Murray: Canadian politician 2nd Mayor of Mississauga (d. 1984).
- Bill Veeck: American baseball executive (Born 1914).
- Bill Justice: American animator and director (d. 2011).
- Max Manus: Resistance fighter.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On the Old Front Porch - Ada Jones & Henry Burr
- The Girl in the Gingham Gown - Orpheus Quartet