Tuesday 17 February 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 17, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Per-Jakez Helias and René Vietto.
Between Showers, directed by Henry Lehrman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1914 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Per-Jakez Helias: Writer / teacher, dies at 81.
- René Vietto
- Arthur Kennedy: Worcester, Massachusetts -- Actor (Fantastic Voyage, Peyton Place).
- Albert Westerlinck
- Rene Vietto: French road racing cyclist, a climber who won the mountains classification in the 1934 Tour de France.
- Gilbert Roger: France sport Champion.
- [Bert de] Wayne Morris: Los Angeles, California -- WWII-pilot / actor (Paths of Glory).
- Jose Aerts: Belgium Writer.
- Wayne Morris: Actor (Kid Galahad), dies of heart attack at 45.
- Heinrich Schweikard: Germany Military man.
- José Aerts: Belgian writer.
- Julia Burgos: Puerto Rican poet, considered by many as the greatest poet born in Puerto Rico, and, along with Gabriela Mistral, one of the greatest female poets of Latin America.
- Pierre-Jakez Hélias: Breton stage actor, journalist, author, poet, and writer for radio who worked in the French and Breton languages.