Saturday 21 February 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arnold S Denker and Hermanus P "Piet" Mulder.
The Squaw Man, directed by Dustin Farnum, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Eyes of the World by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1914!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1914 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Arnold S Denker: New York, United States -- US chess champion (1944-46).
- Hermanus P "Piet" Mulder: Dutch journalist (Parool / VARA).
- Ilmari Juutilainen: Finnish soldier and pilot (d. 1999).
- Zachary Scott: US actor, (Southerner, Flame of Islands), dies at 51.
- White Wolf troops attack Zhanjiang China.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Down in Chattanooga - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?