Tuesday 18 November 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 18, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Hemmings and Gary Bettenhausen.
Sullivan's Travels, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 November 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1941!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1941 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- David Hemmings: English actor singer director and producer (d. 2003).
- Gary Bettenhausen: American race car driver (d. 2014).
- Angela Watkinson: English educator and politician.
- British troops open attack on Tobruk, North-Africa