Saturday 27 December 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 27, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wilfred Sheed and Georges Labica.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1930 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Wilfred Sheed
- Jacqueline Fontijn: Flemish composer.
- Georges Labica: French philosopher, specializing in the history of Marxism.
- Marshall Sahlins: American anthropologist and academic.
- Wilfrid Sheed: England, United Kingdom -- Writer (Boys of Winter, Hack).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra