Friday 11 June 1920US date format: 6/11/1920, UK date format: 11/6/1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 11, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albin Chalandon and Robert Hutton.
The Mollycoddle, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 June 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1920 ?
- Albin Chalandon: Reyrieux Politician.
- Robert Hutton: American actor who was a leading man in low budget British films from the early 60s and who has done some U.S.
- Hazel Scott: Trinidadian-American singer actress and pianist (d. 1981).
- Irving Howe: United States -- Writer / critic (World of Our Fathers).
- Bir Bikram Shah Deva Mahendra: King of Nepal (1955-72).
- Keith Seaman: Australian lawyer and politician 29th Governor of South Australia (d. 2013).
- Shelly Manne: American drummer composer and bandleader (d. 1984).
- Emil Dürr: German Nazi Unterscharführer (non-commissioned officer) in the Waffen SS during World War II who was awarded the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross, (which was to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership by Nazi Germany during World War II).
- Emil Durr: Germany Military man.
- William F Halsey: Sr.
- Republicans nominate Warren G Harding for president.
- During the U.S. Republican National Convention in Chicago, U.S. Republican Party leaders gathered in a room at the Blackstone Hotel to come to a consensus on their candidate for the U.S. presidential election, leading the Associated Press to first coin the political phrase ''smoke-filled room''.