Tuesday 1 June 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include R Hansberger and Jean Duplay.
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1920 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- R Hansberger: American business executive, President and Chairman of Boise Cascade Corporation from 1956 according to a company history (some sources give 1957).
- Jean Duplay: Nice physician.
- Robert Clarke: American actor and producer (d. 2005).
- RKSV Volendam soccer team forms in Volendam
- Adolfo de la Huerta becomes President of Mexico.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Prince's Orchestra - Afghanistan
- I'll See You In C-U-B-A - Billy Murray
- That Wonderful Kid from Madrid - Al Jolson
- When My Baby Smiles at Me - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?