Tuesday 1 June 1920US date format: 6/1/1920, UK date format: 1/6/1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include R Hansberger and Jean Duplay.
The Mollycoddle, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1920 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- R Hansberger: American business executive, President and Chairman of Boise Cascade Corporation from 1956 according to a company history (some sources give 1957).
- Jean Duplay: Nice physician.
- Robert Clarke: American actor and producer (d. 2005).
- RKSV Volendam soccer team forms in Volendam
- Adolfo de la Huerta becomes President of Mexico.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Afghanistan - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Daddy, You've Been a Mother to Me - Henry Burr