Saturday 11 May 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Feynman and Richard P Feynman.
The Non-Stop Kid, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1918 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Richard Feynman: American theoretical physicist known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics, and the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid helium, as well as inparticle physics (he proposed the partonmodel).
- Richard P Feynman: Physicist (Feynman-diagrams / Nobel prize 1965).
- Robert Hunt: CEO (Dowty Group).
- Jacqes Arbellot: France Military man.
- 44th Kentucky Derby: William Knapp on Exterminator wins in 2:10.8.
- The Mountainous Republic of the Northern Caucasus is officially established.
- The United States Post Office Department (later renamed the United States Postal Service) begins the 3rd regular airmail service in the world (between New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, DC), the 1st being from Allahabad to Naini Junction in India on the 18th February 1911 and the 2nd being from London to Windsor Castle on the 22nd June 1911.
- End of the Finnish Civil War.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- In the Land O Yamo Yamo - Van & Schenck