Wednesday 15 May 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Wiseman and Eddy Arnold (singer).
The Non-Stop Kid, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1918 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Joseph Wiseman: Canadian-American actor (d. 2009).
- Eddy Arnold (singer)
- Eddy Arnold: country music star (Born 1918).
- Arthur Jackson: American lieutenant and target shooter (d. 2015).
- 1st airmail postal service (NY, Philadelphia & Washington DC)
- 1st regular airmail service (between New York and Washington) inaugurated
- Greeks troops lands at Smyrna
- 43rd Preakness (first Division): Johnny Loftus aboard War Cloud wins in 1:53.6.
- 44th Preakness (2nd Dividion): Charles Peak aboard Jack Hare Jr wins in 1:53.4.
- Washington Senator Walter Johnson pitches 1-0, 18 inning game.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sweet Emmaline, My Gal - Mike Markel's Orchestra
- I'll Take You Back to Italy - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Some Day They're Coming Home Again - Nora Bayes