Thursday July 12, 1900
US date format: 7/12/1900, UK date format: 12/7/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 12, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Fjodor Godunov-Tcherdynchev and Carlo Cappelletti.
Watermelon Contest, directed by James White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 12, 1900?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- See more
- 114 degrees F (46 degrees C), Basin, Wyoming (state record).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 12, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer - Ma Tiger Lily