Thursday 12 July 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fjodor Godunov-Tcherdynchev and Carlo Cappelletti.
Watermelon Contest, directed by James White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1900 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Fjodor Godunov-Tcherdynchev: Russian poet (Life of Tchernyshevsky).
- Carlo Cappelletti: Italian scientist, botanist, author, many publications on botany, married once, two children.
- Angilotto Modotto: Italy Painter.
- Chhabi Biswas: Indian actor and director (d. 1962).
- 114 degrees F (46 degrees C), Basin, Wyoming (state record).
- A German cruise liner, the SS ''Deutschland'', breaks the record for the Blue Riband for the first time with an average speed of .