Sunday 8 July 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Antheil and Leopold Pascal.
Sherlock Holmes Baffled, directed by Arthur Marvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1900 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- George Antheil: American composer who shocked audiences in the 1920s with his use of jazz rhythms and mechanical devices in symphonic music.
- Leopold Pascal: France Painter.
- 1st night baseball, league game (Zanesville at Grand Rapids)