Monday 2 July 1900
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tyrone Guthrie .
Watermelon Contest, directed by James White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1900 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Tyrone Guthrie: British director, producer, and writer (Born 1900).
- Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin first airship LZ-1, flies.
- The first Zeppelin flight takes place on Lake Constance near Friedrichshafen, Germany.