Wednesday July 11, 1900
US date format: 7/11/1900, UK date format: 11/7/1900
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jean Marembert .
Watermelon Contest, directed by James White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1900?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- Boer general De la Rey captures Scots Greys and Lincolns
- Jean Marembert: France Painter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Len Spencer - Ma Tiger Lily