Thursday April 29, 1920
US date format: 4/29/1920, UK date format: 29/4/1920
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 29, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Harold Samuel Shapero and Edouard Pouret.
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of April 29, 1920?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- See more
- William Henry Seward: Jr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 29, 1920?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Art Hickman & His Orchestra - Rose Room
- Nora Bayes - Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You