Thursday 29 April 1920US date format: 4/29/1920, UK date format: 29/4/1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Samuel Shapero and Edouard Pouret.
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1920 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Harold Samuel Shapero: Lynn, Massachusetts -- Composer (9 Minute Opera).
- Edouard Pouret: Limoges EXecutives.
- Edward Blishen: writer teacher/broadcaster, dies at age 76.
- Harold Shapero: American composer (d. 2013).
- William Henry Seward: Jr.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You - Nora Bayes
- Rose Room - Art Hickman & His Orchestra