Tuesday 27 April 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 27, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guido Cantelli and Edwin Morgan (poet).
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 April 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1920 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Guido Cantelli: Italian orchestral conductor, who was named Musical Director of La Scala, Milan in November 1956 but whose promising career was cut short only one week later by his death on 24 November at the age of 36 in an aircraft crash in Paris, France.
- Edwin Morgan (poet)
- James R Mann: American attorney and politician (d. 2010).
- Edwin Morgan: Scottish poet, said to be the greatest contemporary poet of today; self-proclaimed as gay at age 70.
- Mark Krasnosel'skii: Ukrainian-Russian mathematician and academic (d. 1997).
- James Mann: American colonel lawyer and politician (d. 2010).
- Pogrom leader Petljoera declares Ukraine Independence.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You - Nora Bayes
- Rose Room - Art Hickman & His Orchestra