Tuesday 27 April 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guido Cantelli and Edwin Morgan (poet).
Bullet Proof, directed by Lynn F. Reynolds, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Re-Creation of Brian Kent by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 April 1920 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Guido Cantelli: Italian orchestral conductor, who was named Musical Director of La Scala, Milan in November 1956 but whose promising career was cut short only one week later by his death on 24 November at the age of 36 in an aircraft crash in Paris, France.
- Edwin Morgan (poet)
- James R Mann: American attorney and politician (d. 2010).
- Edwin Morgan: Scottish poet, said to be the greatest contemporary poet of today; self-proclaimed as gay at age 70.
- Mark Krasnosel'skii: Ukrainian-Russian mathematician and academic (d. 1997).
- James Mann: American colonel lawyer and politician (d. 2010).
- Pogrom leader Petljoera declares Ukraine Independence.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Just Like a Gypsy - Nora Bayes
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - John McCormack
- Chloe - Al Jolson
- Elder Eatmore's Sermon on Generosity - Bert Williams
- That Naughty Waltz - Columbia Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?