Saturday 24 April 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Sargueil and Fernand Pierrot.
Snowbound, directed by Ruben Preuss, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 April 1920 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
- Jean Sargueil: Egletons EXecutives.
- Clément Lépidis: French writer of Greek descent.
- Fernand Pierrot: French aviator, a fighter pilot in World War II who served with the Normandie-Niemen regiment.
- Paul Wonner: American artist who rose to prominence in the 1950s as an abstract expressionist associated with the Bay Area Figurative Movement, along with his partner, Theophilus Brown (1919-2012), whom he met in 1952 while attending graduate school.
- Brigitte Dryander: Germany Actor.
- Gino Valenzano: Italian race car driver (d. 2011).
- British Mandate over Palestine goes into effect (lasts 28 years).
- Polish troops attack Ukraine.
- Polish–Soviet War: Polish and anti-Soviet Ukrainian troops attack the Red Army in Soviet Ukraine.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Columbia Orchestra
- Just Like a Gypsy - Nora Bayes
- Elder Eatmore's Sermon on Generosity - Bert Williams
- Chloe - Al Jolson
- That Tumble-Down Shack in Athlone - John McCormack