Wednesday 14 April 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eduardo Maturana and André Brissaud.
Allan Quatermain, directed by Horace Lisle Lucoque, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1920 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- Eduardo Maturana: composer.
- André Brissaud: Epernay Writer.
- Ivor Guest: English lawyer historian and author.
- Tornadoes killed 219 people in Alabama and Mississippi.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That Naughty Waltz - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Mystery - Paul Biese Trio
- Wonderful Pal - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?