Wednesday 14 April 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 14, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Paul Stevens and Eduardo Maturana.
The Toll Gate, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 April 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 April 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 April 1920 ?
- Vishu - Harvest festival in Kerala, India.
- N'Ko Alphabet Day - the anniversary of the day the N'Ko alphabet was completed in 1949.
- Tamil New Year - Celebrations for Tamils all over the world.
- New Year Celebrations in parts of India and whole of Sri Lanka.
- Baisakhi - Celebrations in Punjab, India.
- Poila Baisakh - Celebrations in Bengal, India.
- Youth Day in Angola.
- Black Day - Informal celebration day for single people in South Korea.
- 2nd Day Passover (in 2006) - Jewish festival.
- John Paul Stevens: Judge.
- Eduardo Maturana: composer.
- André Brissaud: Epernay Writer.
- Ivor Guest: English lawyer historian and author.
- Tornadoes killed 219 people in Alabama and Mississippi.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alice Blue Gown - Edith Day (Rosario Bourdon Orchestra)
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Was There Ever a Pal Like You? - Henry Burr