Friday 13 June 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Boiron and Pierre Lang.
Heartaches, directed by Basil Wrangell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1947 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Christian Boiron: French pharmacist, the director of Boiron, a manufacturer of homeopathic products, headquartered in France and with an operating presence in 59 countries worldwide.
- Pierre Lang
- Peter Holm: Boyfriend of Joan Collins.
- A G Lafley: American executive director.
- Daniel P A "Danie" Schutte: South African underminister of Justice.
- Željko Franulović: Croatian tennis player and manager.
- AG Lafley: American businessman.
- Jerrold Nadler: (Rep-D-New York).
- 1st night game at Fenway Park (Red Sox 5, White Sox 3)