Thursday 19 December 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 19, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Ochs and Phil Ochs in El Paso.
Kitty Foyle, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 December 1940 ?
- 2003 - the events of the fictional docu-drama The Day Britain Stopped take place.
- Roman festivals - Opalia
- Also see December 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Phil Ochs: El Paso, Texas -- Anti-war folk singer (Joe Hill, War is Over).
- Phil Ochs in El Paso: Texas, USA; anti-war folk singer ("Joe Hill", "War is Over").
- Daniel Denis: French homicide victim; shot to death along with his wife Marie Ange, his daughter Sabine and two granddaughters by his son-in-law, Sabine's husband, Stephane Bohain on 11/06/1992, 9:00 PM MET, Aubagne, France.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra