Saturday 28 December 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 28, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Loredana Furno and Alvin Elliot Singleton.
Hudson's Bay, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1940 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Loredana Furno: Italian ballerina and choreographer.
- A. K. Antony: Politician.
- Alvin Elliot Singleton: Composer.
- Lonnie Liston Smith American jazz performer (Cosmic Echoes: Magic Lady).
- Don Francisco: Chilean television host.
- A Antony: Indian lawyer and politician Indian Minister of Defence.
- Arthur Morris scores 111 in second innings of first game after 148.