Wednesday 4 December 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Gilmore and Xavier de Roux.
Go West, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Mrs. Miniver by Jan Struther was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1940!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 December 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Gary Gilmore: American homicide.
- Xavier de Roux
- John Cale: Wales, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist / keyboardist (Velvet Underground).
- Freddy Cannon [Picariello] in Lynn: Massachusetts, USA; rocker (Palisades Park).
- Gerd Achterberg: German footballer and manager.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Five O'Clock Whistle - Ella Fitzgerald
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?