Wednesday 4 December 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 4, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Gilmore and Xavier de Roux.
Santa Fe Trail, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Gary Gilmore: American homicide.
- Xavier de Roux
- Barbara Amiel: Journalist.
- John Cale: Wales, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist / keyboardist (Velvet Underground).
- Freddy Cannon [Picariello] in Lynn: Massachusetts, USA; rocker (Palisades Park).
- Gerd Achterberg: German footballer and manager.