Wednesday 25 December 1940, ChristmasUS date format: 12/25/1940, UK date format: 25/12/1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 25, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frans Moor and Peter Brown.
Hudson's Bay, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1940 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Peter Brown: Chicago, Illinois -- Rocker.
- Frans Moor: Dutch Member of Parliament (PvdA).
- Phil Spector: American music producer.
- Pete Brown: English singer-songwriter and poet.
- Hilary Spurling: English journalist and author.
- Agnes Ayres: Actress (Johnny Belinda, Sheik), dies at...
- Bradman out 1st ball for South Africa vs. Victoria before 6213
- Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Harts Pal Joey, premieres in New York City