Monday 18 June 1928US date format: 6/18/1928, UK date format: 18/6/1928
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 18, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David T Lykken and Maggie McNamara.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1928 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Maggie McNamara: NYC, New York -- Actress (3 Coins in a Fountain, Cardinal).
- David T Lykken: American scientist (d. 2006).
- Jacques Herbillon: France sport Champion.
- Michael Blakemore: Australian actor director and screenwriter.
- David Lykken: American geneticist and academic (d. 2006).
- Amelia Earhart becomes 1st female to fly across Atlantic Ocean
- Aviator Amelia Earhart becomes the first woman to fly in an aircraft across the Atlantic Ocean (she is a passenger; Wilmer Stutz is the pilot and Lou Gordon the mechanic).