Tuesday 19 June 1928
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 19, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Dupont and Nancy Marchand in Buffalo.
The Michigan Kid, directed by Irvin Willat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1928 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Jacques Dupont: French champion cyclist, winner of an Olympic Gold Medal in London, 1948.
- Nancy Marchand in Buffalo: New York, USA; actress (Beacon Hill, Margaret - Lou Grant).
- Geoffroy Vogue: French banker, chairman at Credit Francais International S.A.
- Tommy DeVito: American singer and guitarist (The Four Seasons and Four Lovers).
- Raymond Powell: British MP.
- Nancy Marchand: American actress and singer (d. 2000).
- K Scheer: German author (d. 1991).
- Barry Took: English actor producer and screenwriter (d. 2002).
- Elizabeth Connelly: American politician (d. 2006).