Wednesday 20 June 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Le Pen and Martin Landau.
Lonesome, directed by Paul Fejos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 20 June 1928 ?
- American Radio Relay League ? Bring your Handy-Talky to Work Day
- West Virginia ? West Virginia Day.
- Flag Day in Argentina (1938).
- UNHCR - World Refugee Day.
- Ancient Latvia ? Zalu Diena.
- Roman Empire ? Festival in honor of Summanus.
- Day of The Royal Victorian Order.
- Jean-Marie Le Pen: French politician, candidate of the Far Right National Front in 2002.
- Martin Landau: American actor in over 500 TV episodes and also a familiar figure in movies.
- Eric Dolphy: American saxophonist flute player and composer (d. 1964).
- David Mitchell (politician)
- Gino Bramieri: Italian actor, singer and comedian, an eclectic performer in vaudeville and a showman.
- Asrat Woldeyes: Ethiopian surgeon and educator (d. 1999).
- Robert Satanowski: Composer.
- Jean-Marie Le-Pen: in France; leader of National Front party.
- David Mitchell: British politician and Member of Parliament, returned by General Election 6/11/1987.
- Marie Le Pen Jean: La Trinite sur Mer Politician.
- Puniša Račić shoots 3 opposition representatives in the Yugoslavian Parliament, and injures 3 others.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?