Monday 19 July 1920US date format: 7/19/1920, UK date format: 19/7/1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James F Kirkendall and Patricia Medina.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1920 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- James F Kirkendall
- Patricia Medina: English-born actress.
- Emile Idee: France sport Champion.
- James Hildreth: Ukiah Military man.
- Anatole Broyard: Critic.
- Robert Mann: American violinist composer and conductor (Juilliard String Quartet).
- Richard Oriani: Salvadoran-American metallurgist and engineer (d. 2015).
- Maurice Bucaille: Pont-L'Ev?que physician.
- August 7 ampndash The Second Congress of the Communist International takes place in Saint Petersburg and Moscow. The notorious Twenty-one Conditions are adopted.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Oh! By Jingo! Oh! By Gee! - Frank Crumit
- Venetian Moon - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra