Wednesday 21 August 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ana Isabel Anderson-Imbert and Robert Camac.
Night Train to Munich, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1940 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Ana Isabel Anderson-Imbert: Physician, rheumatologist.
- Robert Camac: Horse trainer.
- Dominick Harrod: English journalist historian and author (d. 2013).
- Endre Szemerédi: Hungarian-American mathematician and computer scientist.
- Leon Trotsky dies of injuries sustained.