Thursday 5 June 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Duane Duke Sims and Floyd Butler.
Billy the Kid, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while Oliver Wiswell by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 5 June 1941 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of N�r (Light) - First day of the fifth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Feast of Saint Boniface.
- Seychelles - Liberation Day.
- National holiday of Denmark (Constitution Day).
- World Environment Day, since the United Nations General Assembly resolution in 1972.
- Anniversary of the Signing of the Inuvialuit Final Agreement (Inuvaluit Day).
- Duane Duke Sims: Baseball player.
- Floyd Butler: Rocker.
- Jeffrey Rooker: MP (Labour).
- Martha Argerich in Buenos Aires: Argentina; pianist (debut 1949).
- Martha Argerich: Argentinean pianist, interpreter of Chopin and winner of the 1965 award in Warsaw.
- Spalding Gray: American entertainer, a humorist, satirist and stage monologist. TV show host. Called "the high priest of anxiety," he created a series of 15 monologues to perform throughout the United States, Europe and Australia, including "Monster in a Box," Gray's Anatomy," and the award-winning "Swimming to Cambodia."
- Robert Kraft: American entrepreneur; chairman and owner of the New England Patriots football team. On 2/03/2002, when the Patriots won their first and long-coveted Super Bowl Lombardi Trophy, TV news cameras caught the usually cool Kraft dancing wildly in the celebratory parade. He followed the victory with another first; building a new stadium within the year by investing $325 million of his private funds. Kraft had been a long-time season-ticket owner and respected businessman when, in 1988, he purchased th
- Jim Lewis: American astrologer. By the age of 30 he had lived in as many countries. He was noted for developing the "Astro-Carto-Graphy" map based on the system of Brigadier Firebrace in the '60s, with the first map hand-drawn in September 1976. In spite of a slight stutter, he was an excellent speaker, absorbing, entertaining and inspiring.
- Erasmo Carlos: Brazilian singer and songwriter
- Jeff Rooker: Baron Rooker English academic and politician Minister of State for Immigration
- Gudrun Sjödén: Swedish designer
- Sandor Szabo beats B Nagurski in St. Louis, to become wrestling champ
- Four thousand Chongqing residents are asphyxiated in a bomb shelter during the Bombing of Chongqing.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?