Sunday 24 October 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chu Teh-Chun and Theo Braun.
The Man Who Had Everything, directed by Alfred E. Green, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1920 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Chu Teh-Chun
- Theo Braun
- Robert Coffy: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal and Archbishop of Marseille, France.
- Louise H "Lous" Hensen: Actress (Medea, Uncle Wanja).
- Marcel-Paul Schutzenberger: French mathematician (d. 1996).
- Marcel-Paul Schützenberger: French mathematician and academic (d. 1996).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell