Sunday 24 October 1920
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louise H "Lous" Hensen and Marcel-Paul Schutzenberger.
Der Verächter des Todes, directed by Harry Piel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1920 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Louise H "Lous" Hensen: Actress (Medea, Uncle Wanja).
- Marcel-Paul Schutzenberger: French mathematician (d. 1996).
- Robert Coffy: French ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal and Archbishop of Marseille, France.
- Marcel-Paul Schützenberger: French mathematician and academic (d. 1996).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Tell Me, Little Gypsy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- I'll be with You in Apple Blossom Time - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Old Pal, Why Don't You Answer Me? - Ernest Hare
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?