Sunday 17 July 1921
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mildred Davenport [Acquanetta] and Frantisek Zvarik.
The Conquering Power, directed by Rex Ingram, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1921 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Mildred Davenport [Acquanetta]: Cheyenne, Wyoming -- Actress (Tarzan & Leopard Woman).
- Frantisek Zvarik: Slovakian actor.
- Alick Isaacs: Scottish virologist and researcher who discovered the drug Interferon, which is used in cancer treatment, in January 1980 with J. Lindenman.
- Richard Wiltshire: American merchandising economist and CEO of Home Beneficial, a conservative life insurance company.
- Louis Lachenal: .
- George Barnes: American guitarist producer and songwriter (The Three Suns) (d. 1977)
- Mary Osborne: American guitarist (d. 1992)
- Toni Stone: American baseball player (d. 1996)
- František Zvarík: Slovakian actor (d. 2008)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1921 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cherie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Learning - Green Brothers Novelty Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?