Wednesday 21 July 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Manuel Valls Gorina and Constantly [A Nieuwenhuys].
La Vénus d'Arles, directed by Georges Denola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1920 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Manuel Valls Gorina: Composer.
- Constantly [A Nieuwenhuys]: Painter (Uprising of Homo Ludens).
- Isaac Stern Kremenetz: Russia, violinist (debut San Francisco Symph).
- Constance Dowling: American actress (d. 1969).
- Jean Daniel: French-Jewish journalist and author.
- Tom Jones: American aircraft executive and businessman. He served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Northrop Corporation. Jones was married once and had two children. He died on 7 January 2014.
- Isaac Stern: Russian-American violist known for his fine artistry. He made his symphonic debut as an 11 year-old virtuoso followed by a concert series tour. In 1937 he debuted in New York; six years later he played Carnegie Hall.
- Sergio Piacentini: Italy sport Champion
- Thomas Jones: Pomona EXecutives
- Gabrisl Decroix: Lille physician
- Constant Nieuwenhuys: Dutch painter sculptor and illustrator (d. 2005)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?