Tuesday January 07, 1908, Orthodox Christmas
US date format: 1/7/1908, UK date format: 7/1/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 7, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Red Allen .
Fireside Reminiscences, directed by J. Searle Dawley, Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 07, 1908?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- England beat Australia by one wicket at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- Red Allen: American musician (d. 1967).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 07, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones & Billy Murray - Make Believe