Thursday 16 January 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 16, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ethel Merman and Gunter Prien.
The Thieving Hand, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 January 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1908 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Ethel Merman: American singer and actress known as the First Lady of Musical Comedy.
- Gunter Prien: German military, a submarine commander whose life inspired the film, "Das Boot.
- Gunther Prien: German World War II submarine captain (d. 1941).
- Jean Cordebar: Meudon physician.
- Günther Prien: German captain (d. 1941).
- Pinnacles National Monument, California established.