Thursday January 23, 1908
US date format: 1/23/1908, UK date format: 23/1/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 23, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Stanislas-André Steeman and Hubert Nicholson.
Evangeline, directed by Karen Lam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 23, 1908?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- US and Great Britain demand end of abuses in Congo.
- Edward Alexander MacDowell US composer (Indian Suite): dies at age 47.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 23, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley - You
- Arthur Collins - Dixie Dan
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Who Do You Love?
- Billy Murray - Two Blue Eyes
- Ada Jones - Wouldn't You Like to Have Me for a Sweetheart?