Thursday 23 January 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stanislas-André Steeman and Hubert Nicholson.
The Thieving Hand, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1908 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Stanislas-André Steeman
- Hubert Nicholson: Poet / Novelist.
- Pak Saleman Siswowitono: Javan / Surinamese writer.
- Stanislas Steeman: Belgium Writer.
- Edward Alexander MacDowell US composer (Indian Suite): dies at age 47.
- US and Great Britain demand end of abuses in Congo.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Wouldn't You Like to Have Me for a Sweetheart? - Ada Jones
- Two Blue Eyes - Billy Murray
- Who Do You Love? - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Dixie Dan - Arthur Collins
- You - Frank Stanley