Wednesday 7 January 1920, Orthodox Christmas
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Claes and Lionel Alexander Bethune [Alastair] Pilkington.
The Woman in the Suitcase, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1920 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Georges Claes: Belgium sport Champion.
- Aubrey Brabazon: Jockey / trainer.
- Lionel Alexander Bethune [Alastair] Pilkington: Engineer / Industrialist.
- Albert Meltzer: anarchist.
- Jorge Puccinelli Converso: Peruvian lawyer, Doctor of Literature, lecturer, professor, historian, writer and librarian, member of the Peruvian Academy of Language.
- Vincent Gardenia: Actor (All in the Family, LA Law), dies at 71.
- Sir Edmund Barton: 1st Prime Minister of Australia (Born 1849).
- The New York State Assembly refuses to seat five duly elected Socialist assemblymen.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peggy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Blues (My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me) - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Wait Till You Get Them Up in the Air, Boys - Billy Murray