Friday 7 July 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 7, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François-Xavier Loizeau and Paul Solomon.
Bulldog Drummond's Bride, directed by James P. Hogan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1939 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- François-Xavier Loizeau: French Catholic clergyman, who was Bishop of Digne from 1998 to 2014.
- Paul Solomon: American psychic, a former Baptist minister who left the church to give psychic and life readings in the nature of the Cayce work.
- Laurie Silvers: Horse trainer.
- Jerom Reehuis: Dutch actor and poet.
- Elena Obraztsova: Russian soprano and actress (d. 2015).
- James Deacon White: baseball player who jumped teams in 1876 (Chicago), dies at age 91.
- 52nd Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Alice Marble beats Kay Stammers (62 60)