Monday 28 January 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry M Corbett and Vito Scotti.
Go West, Young Man, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Amazing Interlude by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1918 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Harry M Corbett: Bradford -- Puppeteer / entertainer (Sooty, Some People).
- Vito Scotti: San Francisco, California -- Actor (Flying Nun, Barefoot in the Park).
- Wilson Ferreira Aldunate: Uruguayan politician / human rights worker.
- Suzanne Flon: Paris, France -- Actress (One Deadly Summer, Moulin Rouge).
- Harry Corbett: English puppeteer actor and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Trevor Skeet: New Zealand-English lawyer and politician (d. 2004)
- Trotsky becomes leader of Reds.
- Finnish Civil War: Rebels seized control of the capital, Helsinki, and members of the Senate of Finland go underground.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- La Ronde Des Lutins (Dance of the Goblins) - Jascha Heifetz
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason-Dixon Line - Irving Kaufman
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Charles Hart
- Life in a Trench in Belgium (Part 1) - Lieutenant Gitz Rice of the First Canadians & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?