Tuesday 15 January 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 15, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abdel Gamal Nasser and João Baptista de Oliveira Figueiredo.
Tarzan of the Apes, directed by Scott Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1918 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Abdel Gamal Nasser
- João Baptista de Oliveira Figueiredo
- Gamal Abdal Nasser: President of Egypt (d. 1970).
- Joao Figueiredo: President of Brazil (d. 1999).
- Edouard Gagnon: Canadian Roman Catholic cardinal (d. 2007).
- Gamal Abdel Nasser: Leader.
- Gamal Nasser: Egyptian politician and military man, who, on 7/23/1952 led the coup that forced King Farouk to abdicate the throne, making him a towering hero to the Egyptians.
- João Figueiredo: Brazilian general and politician 30th President of Brazil (d. 1999).
- Édouard Gagnon: Canadian cardinal (d. 2007).
- André Donner: Dutch jurist, judge, professor in Law and the second President of the European Court of Justice.
- Gamal Abdel: Nasser; President of Egypt (1954-1970).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Will You Remember? - Olive Kline & Lambert Murphy
- Danny Boy - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
- Somewhere in France is the Lily - Henry Burr
- Say a Prayer for the Boys Over There - Peerless Quartet