Wednesday 12 July 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Grenet and Phillip Adams.
Blondie Takes a Vacation, directed by Frank R. Strayer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1939 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Jean Grenet
- Phillip Adams: Australian columnist, provocative and prolific best-selling author, distinguished broadcaster and film-producer known as the 'Godfather of Australian Film,' Phillip Adams was named as one of Australia's 100 National Living Treasures by the National Trust in 1998.
- Tamao Nakamura
- George Metzger: American cartoonist and animator.